How To Get Dog Urine Out Of Carpet
If you have a pet dog in your home, you might get regular surprises from him whenever you adjust your furniture. Cleaning dog urine is not much difficult when you notice it immediately. But, it might be the case that you’re pet had done the deed long ago and you cameto know about that recently. In that case, it is really going to be difficult. However, there are ways to clean the carpets and get rid of dog urine easily and restore the carpet.
Various methods on how to get dog urine out of carpet have been discussed here:
Method One: Clean New Stains
• If the urine has been let out by your pet recently, then it might be very easy to clean. All you need to do is just put a wet towel over the carpet along with a heavy weight. It would absorb the urine in some time. Make sure that you dip the towels in cold water else they might ruin your carpet. Around 10 minutes of time would be sufficient.
• In this method, be sure that you know exactly when the urine was passed. If it had been already soaked, you might need to put a wider layer of wet towel over the carpet. Also, once the urine has been removed, do not forget to pour cold over the carpet directly. This would remove the smell of urine to a large extent.
• After cold water, spray an enzymatic cleaner so that the proteins of urine are broken down and the smell is removed. Pets generally tend to urinate over the same spot. This enzymatic cleaner would also stop him for urinating in the same area. Different types of enzymatic cleaners are available in the market. It depends on the stuff of your carpet as to which one you should select.
• You can repeat the method in case your carpet is still not back to its former glory. This time, leave the towel there for over a night.
• Remember, the towels you have used inthis entire method should be directly disposed of, otherwise your pet would sense the smell of it and mark them again.
• Finally, you can steam clean the carpet so that the minute traces of the stains are also removed. You can rent a steam cleaner from a home store if you think that buying it would be a waste of money.
Method Two: Cleaning Old Stains
• This is comparatively difficult than cleaning new stains method. And, you need to know correct method of How To Get Dog Urine Out Of Carpet. You would need to buy a special UV light or fluorescent black light for the purpose. You can avail these kinds of bulbs at any domestic store.
• The stains of the pet urine might not be visible to you in daylight, especially if they are too old. But, the odour from them might be stinking the entire house. So, start at night and search for them in your carpets at night. In darkness, switch ON your UV light and start searching. As soon as you see yellow or green colour spots, stop and confirm that it is pet urine.
• Clean the stains as soon as you find them. If there are a large number of stains, you can take advantage of a marking tape or something. If you do not have anything like that, just place some items on the stains. And, one by one, start cleaning them by using the same method of soaking a towel in water and placing it over the carpet. Again, use enzymatic cleaner and clean the area using steam cleaner.
• This time, you would have to definitely clean the area using steam cleaner as the stains would be rigid. Also, an additional step of oxidation would need to be implemented. Oxidisers release oxygen, which is an important gas to remove the unwanted smell from various areas. But, make sure that you are not cleaning a silk carpet because a silk carpet might be destroyed by oxidation.
• Oxy-Clean products seem to be containing oxygen, but they don’t. Instead, they use hydrogenperoxide. Hence, resist using them.